Soldier & Family Assistance Center (SFAC)
Building 36051, 62nd Street
Fort Hood, Texas 76544
The SFAC is a one-stop location with a team of professionals that provide tailored services that are responsive to the needs of wounded, ill, and injured Soldiers assigned to the Warrior Transition Brigade and their Families.
Provide compassionate, coordinated, comprehensive non-medical services to Wounded, Injured, and Ill Soldiers assigned to the Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) along with Soldiers in the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) process and their Family Members/Caregivers.
Our efforts are aimed at fostering dignity and independence, while assisting the Warrior in their transition either back to duty or to service as a vital member of the communit
- Information and Referral Assistance
- Financial Counseling and Assistance
- Substance Abuse Information and Referral Assistance
- Military Personnel In/Out Processing
- Education Counseling
- Child, Youth, and School Services
- Entitlements and Benefits
- Military Personnel Services
- Veterans Benefits and Entitlements
- Local, state, and federal program resource information
- Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2)
- Military Family Caregiving (Provided by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Military Program)
- Army Career Alumni Program (ACAP)
- Outreach Service
- Donations Management
- Traumatic Serviceman's Group Life Insurance (TSGLI)
- Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)
- Caregiver Resourse Directory September 2017 (Downloadable PDF)
Please note that SFAC services and assistance is not limited to the services listed above. The center serves as clearing house and referral source for a wide spectrum of information and services that can be of significant benefit to WTs and their families.
If you have a non-medical issue and are not sure of who assists, start with the SFAC!